Blog and Get Your Skin in the Game
Call for Youth Bloggers 13-18 Yrs Old: Write for the Interfaith Youth Activist Blog – and Get Paid for Your Effort!
IYA is excited to announce that we have received funding to provide some payment for blog posts written by youth! High-school students, between the ages of 13 – 18, who are interested in interfaith activism are encouraged to contribute on a regular basis. Click here to find out more about IYA’s purpose!
Why be a Youth Guest Blogger for the Interfaith Youth Activist Blog?
- Listing as a youth guest blogger including bio, and links to your website, blog, or any other youth project you’d like to promote.
- Curent readership of 7,000+ blog followers!
- Pay – $15 per blog post (that’s $60 a month more than you have now). Payment is only given if content meets IYA’s standards for publication. Four blog posts a month is the cap for each youth blogger at the moment.
- Build your portfolio by being published!
Youth Guest Blogger Requirements:
- Send in a weekly blog post (if you can only contribute posts twice a month, IYA can work with that too- just let us know).
- Posts must be at least 500 words, and can be as long as 1,200 words. We’re much more content focused, and can help proof-read your post before publication on the blog. Video, photo, meme and other forms of blogging are also accepted.
- Be available to respond to comments received on your blog post (probably 1-2 hr time commitment a week).
- Check in with Sana Saeed about the topic of your post or posts before writing!
- PS: You don’t have to be religious to write for us, as long as you have an interest/passion for interfaith stuff. If you are religious… that’s cool too!
- And, oh don’t worry about being an expert on any of the topics below to write for IYA! Dude, we realize you’re in high-school where you’re learning about this stuff so you can become an expert later on in life! But, hey… if you’re an expert on this stuff… then that’s cool too.
- We’re looking for youth writers who aren’t afraid of using humor, sarcasm or wit to get their point across…. but we draw the line at obnoxious.
Interfaith areas for you to focus on:
- Current news on religious liberty, religious freedom, misuse of politics in the news or elections
- Off the beaten path topics like comic books, engaging youth in entrepreneurship, global development,
- Youth development
- Youth culture
- Interfaith events going on in your community that you attended or helped plan (service projects, music, Iftars, potlucks, conferences etc…)
- Climate change (water rights, sustainable energy use, solar power, etc…)
- Human rights in the U.S. or around the world
- Interfaith trips that you’ve taken with your school or religious/non-religious group
- Social justice from an interfaith lens (example stuff like anti-racism, immigration rights, affordable housing, anti-discrimination etc…)
- Women’s issues
- Pitch us a topic you’d like to focus on!
- Send an e-mail to Sana Saeed, email@example.com with a letter of interest, writing sample (can be something you wrote for school) and a resume (never too early to create one!).
- If accepted as a guest blogger, we’ll need a picture and small bio.