Bridge Connections Coming Your Way
Congregations and groups across the country will soon be meeting recently bridged young adults moving into their area. Youth who registered for the Bridge Connections program last spring have now moved on from high school and are entering young adulthood, and we want to be ready to receive them! For Bridge Connections participants who are moving to a new area, we connect them with a local congregation, and a campus ministry or young adult group if we know one nearby.
If you receive an email from the UUA through the Bridge Connections program, please take the time to respond to the UU young adult included. It takes our entire faith movement, including people of all ages, to make us feel welcome when we move to a new place.
If you have a recently bridged young adult in your congregation, here are some examples of hospitality you could extend:
- A letter of welcome and invitation from the minister, religious educator, or board chair or president
- The name and contact number to a person who can offer rides to and from the church
- Contact info for the congregation including pastoral emergency numbers, worship times and locations
- A copy of and subscription to the congregation’s newsletter
- An invitation to dinner
- Something like a water-bottle or tee-shirt with the church logo, if available
- A box of home-baked goodies or healthy snacks
- A street map and public transportation map and information
- A small plant, hard candies, or a roll of quarters for laundry
You can also check out our young adult ministry “Top Picks” at the UUA website for helpful resources.
Have other welcoming ideas? Share them below in the comment section!