Be a Climate Justice Network Builder
Connecting and inspiring an active community of UUs for environmental justice, spiritual renewal, and shared reverence for our Earth home.
UU Ministry for Earth Seeks UU Young Adult for Climate Justice Network Manager
Unitarian Universalist Ministry for Earth is seeking a young adult who will continue building the UU Young Adults for Climate Justice (UUYACJ) network in partnership with the UUMFE Board. The internship will accomplish the following:
- Grow, coordinate and maintain the national UUYACJ network (currently about 200)
- Write and distribute regular communications as appropriate
- Coordinate UUYACJ participation in selected national events and actions, such as OPUS, General Assembly, District trainings and PowerShift
- Arrange for regional events and trainings, including follow-up with projects and actions, identifying leadership and adding to the network
- Work with the UUMFE Board to clarify structural relationship and build intergenerational opportunities
- Participate in fundraising for UUYACJ with the UUMFE Board
The internship is from August 1, 2013 through July 30, 2014 for an average of 10 to 20 hours of work per week. An appropriate stipend will be negotiated. Expenses for attending General Assembly and other agreed upon events will be covered. If appropriate, the internship may be applied for academic credit.
The intern will work closely with a UUMFE Board member to create a work plan, set intermediate objectives, and to determine the success of the project.
Interested candidates should be between the ages of 20 and 35. Send resume, three references, and the answer to this question (one page or less):
Why should you be selected as the UUMFE Young Adult intern?
Applications are due by July 20; e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Nancy King Smith at that address or 216-496-3543 with questions.