The UUA Position on the “Occupy” movement
President Morales cites our Fourth Principle in statement on the “Occupy” movement
The Rev. Peter Morales issued a statement regarding Occupy Wall Street and accompanying protests around the country. In support of those involved with Occupy protests, visit this collection of UUA resources related to economic justice.
Resources for Economic Justice
- “Poverty and Thanksgiving: A Call to Righteous Love”, by Rev. Morales in The Huffington Post, November 2010.
- “Unemployment as a Spiritual Issue”, by Rev. Morales in The Huffington Post, September 2011.
- UUA Social justice statements on economic justice issues, 1961-2011.
- Economic justice information and resources, including information on our most recent Faith Advocates for Jobs campaign, from the UUA Witness Ministries staff group.
- Letter to the United States Congress, signed by Rev. Morales for the UUA, urging representatives to exercise their Constitutional duty to “promote the general welfare” in ongoing budget negotiations, September 2011.
- Unitarian Universalist blogs currently discussing the Occupy movement from UUpdates.net
- Facebook page for Unitarian Universalists for a Just Economic Community